Cincy Royals Academies – Summer of 2017
Three (3) lacrosse academies for girls in grades 4 - 11
Middle School & High School Age (rising 7 - 12 graders)
The Cincy Royals are pleased to announce the 5th year of its Royals Academy program. This program is designed to give “Rising 7th-12th grade” girls (current 6th-11th graders) an opportunity to continue to develop their skills and lacrosse IQ. The program consists of four (4) clinics led by the Cincy Royals Coaching staff in partnership with Kevo Lacrosse for game opportunities.
- Open to the first 40 registrants in each age group
- MS (Current 6 - 7th grade)
- HS (Current 8th-11th)
- Each session will focus on specific skill development
- Instruction provided by current college players, high school and middle school coaches
- Each player will receive a Cincy Royals pennie
- Flexibility to sign up for one or all four clinics
- Opportunity to participate in the Kevo Girls League to test and practice the skills taught in our Academy (separate registration required)
When: Week of June 14th - Week of July 19th (Off the week of July 4th)
- Middle school clinics will be held from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- High School clinics will be held from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Where: Otto Armleder Park, 5057 Wooster Pike, Cincinnati 45227
SESSION I: Wed, June 14th
- Middle School - Stick skills/ drills you can do at home to improve your game!
- High School - Dodging - creating instant offense
SESSION II: Wed, June 21st
- Middle School - Offensive movement - motion offense
- High School - Team Defense
SESSION III: Wed, June 28th
- Middle School - Defensive Skills
- High School - Shooting for Power and Accuracy, Part 1
SESSION IV – Wed, July 12th
- Middle School - Winning the Draw!...and what to do when you do win!
- High School - Shooting for Power and Accuracy, Part 2
SESSION V - Wed, July 19th
- Middle School - Putting it all together!
- High School - More fundamentals on the "Art of Shooting"
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER for HIGH SCHOOL
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER for MIDDLE SCHOOL
Youth Academy (rising 5 - 6 graders)
The Cincy Royals are pleased to announce the 5th year of its Royals Youth Academy program. This program is designed to give current 4th & 5th graders an opportunity to continue to develop their skills and lacrosse IQ in a 12-session program led by Cincy Royals Coaching staff.
- Open to the first 40 registrants - Girls: current 4th & 5th graders (2016-17 school year)
- Two, 3-week sessions held on Monday & Wednesday evenings from 7:00pm - 8:30pm
Session #1: June 5th - June 21st
Session #2: June 26th - July 19th (off July 3rd & 5th)
Seven Hills School, Lower Turf - 5400 Red Bank Rd, Cincinnati
SIGN-UP for ONE SESSION or BOTH!
$150 per session or $275 for both
- Each session will include solid skill development coaching and competitive interactive games to build field skills and awareness.
- Our youth play a very challenging game called Chumash. Through Chumash, coaches afford players the opportunity to focus on their field skills in small, consolidated groups. This means giving the players more action time, more touches to build their skills.
- Instruction provided by current college players, high school & middle school coaches.
- Each player will receive a reversible Cincy Royals pinnie.
ABOUT Stewart Lewis, Cincy Royals Youth Academy Director
Coach Lewis is no stranger to lacrosse. He learned to play in high school, and earned the honor of “All New England” as a player. He continued to play college lacrosse at Denison University and proceeded to start the first lacrosse club in Cincinnati in 1973. Coach Lewis stayed active as a player well until the late 1980s.
In 2003, it was his daughter’s desire to learn the game that got him to renew his passion for the sport. He actively volunteered with the Anderson Lacrosse Club before developing the girls varsity lacrosse program at Seven Hills School, where he successfully coached for ten years. Through the years, coach maintained a goalie training program for area players and most recently coached the Xavier University Women’s Lacrosse Club.
Like all of the Royals coaches, Coach Lewis has passion for the game. He implements a rigorous and entertaining youth development program for the Cincy Royals Girls Academy. The Cincy Royals are lucky to have Coach Lewis on staff as it has seen the benefit of Coach’s energy with new players. He and his staff work extremely hard to build lacrosse skills, confidence in one’s abilities and, above all, love for the sport.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE YOUTH ACADEMY